By Patrick Carrothers for the Owner of WeightWise4U.com
How Many Calories Are In Those Little Candies?
I like Halloween so I don’t want to spoil anyone’s fun! What I encourage is moderation, and that means fun you won’t regret in November.
This is always a fun day for me, but also a difficult one, since my husband buys far more treats for the trick or treaters than we ever give away. And that means I have to fend off the urge to eat too many treats myself. How about you?
When I was growing up, quite often the candy sizes were much bigger than they are today. I enjoy these new little treats occasionally. They are just the right size for a modest snack. Trouble is, we don’t often limit ourselves to one or two pieces! So just how many calories are in your candy jar?
Here’s how popular Halloween treats stack up, compliments of the American Heart Association:
- Nestle Crunch bars (4): 200 calories
- Snickers (2): 160 calories
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup (2): 170 calories
- M&Ms Milk Chocolate Candies (3): 220 calories
- M&Ms Peanut Chocolate Candies 2): 180 calories
- Kit Kat (3): 210 calories
- Milky Way (2): 210 calories
- Almond Joy (2): 160 calories
- Twix Caramel Cookie Bars (2): 160 calories
- Starburst (8 chews): 160 calories
- Tootsie Roll Dots (2 boxes): 130 calories
- Tootsie Roll (6 “Midgees” or 4 “juniors”): 140 calories
- Twizzlers Strawberry Twists (4): 120 calories
- Nestle Butterfinger (4): 180 calories
- Skittles (3 packages): 210 calories
- Whoppers Milk Chocolate Malted Balls (6 tubes): 190 calories
Of course, these are the little “fun” size Halloween candies, not the “normal” sizes!
Image by freedigitalphotos.net